Voting-eligible member schools of the In Trust Center for Theological Schools have recently elected five members to serve on the In Trust Center’s board of directors. Fifty percent of member schools voted, electing three new members and re-electing two continuing members.
Newly elected members of the board of directors
- Interim Pastor, Faith Christian Reformed Church, Holland, Michigan
- Former Vice President for Administration and Associate Professor of Preaching, Calvin Theological Seminary
- Former Member of the Board of Trustees, Christian Reformed Church in North America
- Graduate of Calvin College, Calvin Theological Seminary, and Denver Seminary
Kelderman was a member of the original task force that generated the Christian Reformed Church’s “Sustaining Pastoral Excellence” grant from Lilly Endowment and later served on the “Sustaining Pastoral Excellence” governing board. He is primary author of four significant studies for his denomination, including “Biblical and Theological Foundations for a Racially and Ethnically Diverse Family of God” and “Effective Leadership in the Church.”
M. Kimberly Rupert
- Provost and Chief Academic Officer, Spring Arbor University
- Former Member of the Board of Trustees, Asbury Theological Seminary
- Former Partner and General Manager, Digital EFT Solutions
- Graduate of MIT, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, Georgetown University, the Yale School of Management, and Yale University
Rupert spent much of her career at American Express, where she rose to senior vice president and was named the company’s first ombudsman. A retired captain in the U.S. Naval Reserve, Rupert has also served on the board of the Lubin School of Business at Pace University.
Nancy Duckrey Washington
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Point Park University
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Wilson College
- Member of the Board of Commissioners, Association of Theological Schools
- Graduate of Boston University, Temple University, and the University of Pittsburgh
Washington retired from the University of Pittsburgh after serving as professor of psychology, assistant dean of student affairs, director of minority programs, and assistant to the chancellor. She acts as an adviser to the Episcopal Church Foundation. She has served on the boards of the Pittsburgh Child Guidance Foundation, Girls Inc., the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust, the Frick Arts and Historical Center, the Pittsburgh Foundation, and more.
Re-elected members of the board of directors
Martha J. Horne
- Dean and President Emerita, Virginia Theological Seminary
- Graduate of Duke University and Virginia Theological Seminary
An ordained priest in the Episcopal Church, Horne was president of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) from 1990 to 1992 and has served on several ATS committees and task forces. She also serves as dean of ATS leadership development initiatives for presidents of theological schools in the United States and Canada.
- Executive Director, Seminary Department, National Catholic Educational Association
- Former Rector, St. John’s Seminary, Camarillo, California
- Graduate of the Graduate Theological Union and the Jesuit School of Theology at Berkeley
A Catholic priest of the Diocese of Tucson, Arizona, McCarthy served for 18 years as professor of moral theology, academic dean, and rector-president of St. John’s Seminary in Camarillo, California. From 2002 to 2009, he was director of accreditation and institutional evaluation and secretary to the Board of Commissioners for the Association of Theological Schools (ATS).
A full list of the In Trust Center’s board of directors is available at www.intrust.org/board.