In May, the U.S. Department of Education announced new Title IX regulations that go into effect on August 14, 2020. These regulations not only provide more clarity on the responsibilities of institutions in responding to claims, but they also mandate that schools provide live hearings in sexual misconduct cases with opportunities for cross-examination.
Below are a few resources to help your institution work toward implementing the new regulations.
- U.S. Department of Education. A press release from May 2020 about the new regulations.
- Institutional Compliance Solutions. A curated list of resources, including articles, podcasts, and webinars.
- Inside Higher Ed. An article about the legal challenges of implementing Title IX.
- American Council on Education (ACE). Additional resources on Title IX regulations from the Department of Education and ACE.
- TNG Consulting. A list of compliance resources, including policies and legislation.
- ATIXA. A professional assessment of the new 2020 regulations from the national association for Title IX coordinators.
- AGB. Title IX and sexual misconduct resources, including webinars, blog posts, articles, and books.
For more resources on Title IX, or to talk to a Resource Consultant, email us at email@example.com.